We believe passionately that South Asian dance can engage and inspire people of all ages and backgrounds.
Akademi’s Education and Community programme takes dance and movement activities to children, young people and older adults across London.
We work with partners and our creative practitioners to devise meaningful interventions – from one-off themed workshops to sustained residencies.
Akademi’s flexible approach means there is something for everyone. What we offer:
• Sessions to address National Curriculum dance targets – such as balance, agility and control.
• Dance for teaching Maths, Science, and English.
• After school sessions.
• Create performances with pupils.
• Perform at a school assembly or one-off events.
• Programmes around exciting cultural festivals such as Holi Colour Festival, Indian Summer, and Diwali.
• Provide Dhol Drummers, South Asian Dance style dancers, Traditional Storytellers, and more.
All activities have positive benefits for those involved, including:
• High quality arts intervention
• Furthered understanding of other cultures
• Increased physical activity
• Reduced stress levels
If you’re interested in booking a workshop, residency or collaborating with Akademi in some other way, contact Amelia Hart, Education and Community Officer.
Education and Community Officer
Watch: Dance in the Mix presents Staycation