Akademi are embarking on a new project: Feet First
Feet First will provide a platform for artists to train and develop a practice working with young people transitioning from child and adolescent to adult mental health services.
Delivered in partnership with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust, Feet First will culminate in a series of co-created, participatory experiences using the universal language of movement as a tool to break down the barriers that exist in verbal communication.
Akademi are seeking:
Three South Asian dance artists with some experience of working in community settings with young people. Artists will be working in collaboration with young people, mentor artists, health care professionals and psychiatrists.
- Application deadline – 12pm, 5th Oct 2021
- Successful artists notified – 11th Oct 2021
- Research & Development – Nov 2021
- Planning and co-creation – Nov-Dec 2021
- Pilot delivery – Jan-Mar 2022
- Workshop Intensive #1 – Mid-April 2022
- Monthly Move Sessions – May-Jul 2022
- Workshop Intensive #2 – Jul-Aug 2022
- Sharing of work- Aug 2022
- Reunion – Sep 2022
- Reflection & Evaluation – Oct 2022
Please apply to email@example.com with the following:
- A Short paragraph (250 words) to tell us a bit about yourself, your artistic practice and your experience of working in community settings.
- Please tell us about your interest in this project. (200 words)
If you would like to apply with the above in a different way, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org This could include sending us a short video or voice recording if this is your preferred way of applying.
3 members of the Akademi team will be assessing the applications.
We may be in touch with follow up questions to better understand your application.