Akademi is proud to be an Artsmark Partner as part of Arts Council England’s endorsed network of arts and cultural organisations. Through this work, Akademi helps to embed the arts and culture within the national curriculum and in so doing, support the schools and educational settings on their Artsmark journey.
Our education and community work uses South Asian dance to create imaginative, enjoyable and artistically inspiring projects for people of all ages, ethnic origins, backgrounds and abilities.
We use South Asian dance and related arts as a resource for learning, creativity and well-being. Our education and community activities offer performance opportunities for participants and raise awareness of the diversity and richness of South Asian culture.
Akademi will support schools and educational settings in achieving their Artsmark criteria to;
- Demonstrate leadership
- Embed a diverse curriculum
- Offer staff development opportunities
- Engage children and young people
- Establish a wide ranging cultural offer
- Develop valuable partnerships
- Ensure quality and diversity for all
- Promote arts and culture in your values and ethos
How can Akademi support your Artsmark journey?
- CPD to support teachers integrate South Asian dance into the curriculum
- Inset days for SEND staff
- Educational packages suitable for Key Stages 3 & 4: Discounted performance tickets, accompanying practical workshop led by cast members and Learning Resource Pack exploring current Akademi productions
- Specialist SEND dance workshop focused on the emotional, communication and physical needs of children and young people with autism through the unique elements of South Asian dance
- Workshop packages suitable for Key Stages 1 – 4 focused on religious celebrations such as Diwali and Holi including the cultural history and accompanying dance activity and celebrations
- Educational resources for teachers